This is a tough one. I mean really. Girls State is in June and you have just spent the past nine months
racking your brains out learning about science, math, etc. Why would you want to spend another week
having to learn stuff? There are many good reasons to attend Girls State. Here is our very own Top
10. If you pay attention at all, you'll almost (this is a disclaimer) be guaranteed to be a star in your
9. It is good to have on your college admissions applications.
8. The food at GSU is very good. REALLY!
7. You will most likely be attending college in a little over a year and this is a good test of your
ability to meet new and different people.
6. It's cool to learn with people who actually want to learn.
5. Sparkling counselors.
4. This is an excellent place to try out your leadership skills with people who don't know you
3. It is VERY good to have on your scholarship applications.
2. Even though you might not want to admit is now, you like having friends. Most graduates make life-long
friendships with young women from across the state they have met during this week.
1. Did I mention sparkling counselors?!